Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Western Digital Scorpio Black 320 GB Bulk/OEM Hard Drive 2.5 Inch, 16 MB Cache, 7200 RPM SATA II WD3200BEKT

Designed with top-of-the-line notebook computers in mind, this high performance drive delivers the capacity and speed needed to supercharge a notebook PC without compromising battery life or quiet acoustics. Features like these also make this drive an outstanding option for compact desktops, external hard drives, gaming systems, and blade servers.
Customer Review: easy install; a little hotter I think
I love this product. My only complaint is that the computer seems to get a little hotter and battery life a little shorter. To be fair, I'd heard this might happen, and I haven't measured it or anything, so I might be imagining things. Otherwise very satisfied.
Customer Review: Best choice for a MacBook / MacBook Pro upgrade
I installed this in my C2D 2.16Ghz MacBook Pro yesterday and couldn't be happier. The size has freed me from continual file cleaning and the speed increase is noticeable. There is a slight bit more noise from the drive, but is sounds like a white noise generator, a gentle hiss/hum, nothing to worry about and I am picky. There is no clacking or anything truly noticeable, definitely no heat issues. As far as some of the comments people have posted regarding noise I would recommend anyone who has noise problems after the install check the rubber grommet mounts. If you don't get them back in place properly the mounts can't do their job and the noise will resonate thru the sounding box that is the MacBook Pro. As far as heat issues I would guess the user didn't check the cooling fans. I pulled my fans while I had it open and found each heatsink 1/3 covered in a cake of dust. I cleaned them and now the whole thing runs cooler. NOTE: Do not get the WD3200BJKT for a MacBook or MacBook Pro. Apple includes a sudden motion sensor in the laptop and if you get the WD3200BJKT the sudden motion sensor in the drive will conflict with the unit in the laptop and neither will work.


gadgets review

No comments:

Post a Comment